Do you want to write for a travel blog website? Maybe you have already started a travel blog yourself with the ultimate dream: Get Paid to Travel – yes please! Finding travel writing jobs is not exactly easy but just about anyone can make a travel blog.
Still, that does not guarantee that you are going to get paid to travel the world. Someone has to find it useful and actually show up to read it! Mum, Is that you? OK, Mum, is probably not going to cut it. You need a big audience and then you need a strategy to monetize it.
If you are going to be relevant in Google you also need to wear a lot of hats. SEO King, Social butterfly, IT guy, you get the idea. On top of that you have to keep those new fresh post rolling in on a consistent basis. You might start to think how can I actually do all this and still enjoy myself while traveling.
Well, nobody said it was going to be easy but you seem like the type that don’t quit. I bet you enjoy writing, sharing and reaching out to others. If I’m describing you then you are in the right place. So where do we come in and what exactly are we offering?
Travel Guest Post Opportunities? Info on how to become a travel writer? A Free Trip around the World?
Well, Sort of, Not really, and “I LIKE THAT YOU’RE A DREAMER” all in that order. We are offering you the opportunity to share a post with us but we don’t want to call you a guest. Why, because we don’t want you to leave! Nope, we want you to be part of the team. We want you along with your peers to be part of the decisions that happen here at Round World Travels. Interact with the other bloggers on the site, form new friendships, and be part of something awesome!
WOW, is this a huge commitment because like,… I already have a Travel Blog?
Nope, it’s a very minimal commitment and here’s why. Were not just looking for you but you and a whole bunch of others! You will be a small piece in a big amazing puzzle. Nevertheless, it’s an intricate piece and without you the puzzle would be left unfinished. Still, every puzzle has a set number of pieces and participation is limited.
Want to be part of that puzzle? Here is what we, including your peers will expect of you.
- One Unique Post per Year – Minimum 1000 word count with a focus on travel guides, practical info, advice and insight into specific destinations or activities. For more info see below: What type of content are we looking for? Your post/guide will include a link to your personal travel blog and participation in our in-house travel banner system, more on that below. The article must be original and never published before on any other website. You will pick a day, July 5th let’s say. That’s your unique day each year. Simply submit your post on or before your day each year (we prefer early). If at some point you decide not to participate, we simply give your spot to someone new. Don’t fret, we still want you to hang around the community as a cherished member forever.
- Give and Share – It’s really the biggest thing you can do. Don’t just take but give, give, give. When you give, people will reciprocate the love and that is how this all makes sense. Hang around on the site, read what your peers are up to and comment, share, and let them know you are thinking of them. They would do it for you.
Benefits of Writing with Round World Travels
- Community – You are no longer alone. Personally, I believe the single biggest advantage is having a group of people around you with similar interests that share a common good. Because Round World Travels is a focused small community the opportunity to create close friendships while working together is the whole point. No more lonely nights slaving away on your blog and pressed for ideas. We have a hidden group set up just for our authors to collaborate, discuss post ideas, and interact with each other behind the scene. Just swing in and see what your peers have to say, maybe they have just the right mojo to get those creative ideas flowing again.
- Sharing is Caring – There’s a Group for that too! On Round World Travels we created a Travel Blog Directory specifically for sharing what’s going on with your personal travel blog projects. Share your posts, updates, etc. It’s the perfect place to find out what your peers are up to and share their stories with your social media circles.
- Exposure – Each article you publish will include one link to your personal travel blog as well as a link to your profile here on Round World Travels. You can share all kinds of stuff on your profile.
- In House Rotating Banner System – Not only do our authors receive a link at the top of their post referencing their website but we also have an in house rotating banner system. These are banners advertising your travel blog and rotate at random. The banners are 728×90 leaderboard style and appear in every post on the site. If you do not have a banner ad for your website don’t worry. It’s easy and I will show you how to create one. Note: You must be an active author to participate (submitted your post for the year). If you give up your spot you are demoted to a normal member and withdrawn from the In House Rotating Banner Program.
- Acknowledged – We know everyone has his or her unique talents, skills and knowledge. That’s why you will play an integral part in the growth, development and decisions that happen here at Round World Travels. Again, we want you to work WITH US, not for us.
- Manage a Group – Authors at Round World Travels can suggest new group ideas and then manage the group as your own. Members can only interact in the groups.
- Opportunity to Advance – We will be monetizing the blog in ways that feel appropriate and not too distracting. This revenue will be used to further advance Round World Travels in other fun unique ways. How about a riveting contest or perhaps some of you may even want to take on additional roles as the site grows. Think paid writing assignments, email marketing manager, editor, etc. This money will fund that as well as other fun future ideas, marketing strategies, SEO and additional growth opportunities.
- Advance through our Ranks – Speaking of advancing we have a fun ranking system to help engage all our members including non-authors as well. You will receive points for all the interactions you engage in while on Round World Travels. This is a fun system to help foster member participation. Here is a post describing our ranks: From Homebody to Travel Writer.
- Be part of our Round the World Adventures #rtwa Instagram round up – Simply tag a photo on Instagram #rtwa, tell us where you are and what you are doing. It will appear in a future post round up. Leave your Instagram username to participate in #rtwa Round the World Adventures.
What kind of people are we looking for?
We are looking for Travel Writers and Bloggers. Preferably, you have your own travel blog and we can view a sample of your work there. If not you will be required to submit a sample of your writing to join. You must have a firm grasp of the English Language and be able to create unique, creative, informative articles. Important: We are looking to provide our readers with high quality engaging content. Your performance will be under the review of your peers as will be your commitment to the team.
What kind of people are we not looking for?
SEO Companies or anyone trying to link-bait with content that is not relevant to travel and adventure or just plain bad. Again, the content must be unique, well thought out with the sole purpose of engaging readers.
What type of content are we looking for?
Besides unique the content should provide practical info, advice and insight into specific destinations or activities without being too focused on yourself. I think personality is good but we are looking for useful content/guides that aim to help our readers. Ask yourself, will my article help someone traveling to the same destination, participating in the same activity? If not then we probably don’t want it. Here is a good example of a personal experience that is also helpful to a reader: Milford Track: The Finest Walk in the World
Your content/user guides can be as Narrow (top 10 BBQ joints in Memphis TN) or as Broad (A Quick Guide to Thailand) as you like. Consult our Categories to make sure your topic fits into the scope of what we want to offer our readers. If it don’t contact me and we can discuss adding a new category if it seems appropriate.
In addition, please use your own photos to support your article. This is a travel blog, people want to see photos and I think it’s important.
Finally, all user guides submitted should be me a minimum of 1000 words. Your Guide will already link to your travel blog in the article header so please do not include a second link. The only links we will accept are deep links to content that is relevant to the current topic. No affiliate links, no spam, no exceptions.
For more information please view our Publishing Policy & TOU
Apply to write with Round World Travels today, it’s easy!
Simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Just let me know you’re interested in joining and send me either a link to one of your favorite posts on your blog or a sample article file. In the meantime you can register for the site as a normal member and start creating your profile. If accepted you will be upgraded to author status. Thanks and have a great day!